Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's All About ME!

Who am I??

Well, I'm a senior ORCO Major at MTSU, with an emphasis in event planning/non-profit work, and a minor in Leadership Studies. I was really excited when I saw that this class was being offered because I believe that social media is an essential part of organizations, and it will only continue to grow. By taking a class and being competent in Facebook, Twitter, and Blogging, I think that I will be more prepared to enter the workforce with a competitive edge, and be able to successfully use those tools to promote myself to future companies.

Goals that I have for this course include:

1) Creating a complete Social Media Profile/Resume that includes links to all pertinent websites for employers to see examples of my competence in these areas. I plan on updating it consistently throughout the semester, and even after graduation, to make sure it is up to date and a positive representation of my skills related to social media.

2) Besides this one for class, I would like to establish both a personal and professional blog. I believe that by the end of this blog assignment I will have had the chance to practice blog entries, try different styles of writing, experiment with importing images and HTML coding, and learn more about analyzing the data of my blogs as far as visitor numbers, references, hits, etc.

3) While this is a smaller goal, I am interested in updating my LinkedIn account to include more accurate and current information, connect with others on there, and establish links/references to be able to use during my job hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment