Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mashable

Mashable.com is a website and blog that focuses on social media news, and has been referred to as a "one-stop shop" for all things social media. Their coverage includes news stories, features, reviews, guides, resources, and other analysis of web trends.

I constantly rely on this website for information to help me understand and learn more about specific sites.  Some articles that I've discovered that have helped me "get up to speed" with professional social media communication include:

1) A recent article was especially interesting to me because it describes a situation where a couple's wedding event company folded just weeks before their wedding, and Twitter helped save their day! I enjoyed this because it applied to my field of study.

2) This article was surprising to me, but also very exciting, because it explains how Pinterest can actually be used to help you in your job search. As a Pinterest-aholic, this makes me especially happy, and it was easy to apply the information to my future career plans.

3) In this article, I learned a lot about 7 different ways businesses can get more social with slideshare. In the event planning industry, pictures are so important because you have to be able to explain and show your potential clients what you're capable of doing, and slideshare enables you to incorporate pictures and text into an easily-presented format to share with them.

I <3 Mashable

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment