Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pinterest

Pinterest is a virutal pinboard that lets you share all the neat things you find online! It allows you to upload pictures directly from a site, or your own computer, and gives others the options to comment, like, or repin it. With the ability to create a variety of different boards, people are using Pinterest as a tool in many areas of their life! For example, Pinterest is most commonly known for the extensive collection of wedding-related pins, so someone can plan their wedding almost completely online! You can find ideas to help you redecorate your home, find places to travel, new recipes to try, fun crafts to create, and anything else you can think of.

Pinterst is hands-down my favorite social media platform and tool, and there's a good chance that I'm slightly addicted... :) I have a Nashville Wedding Planners Board which is actually a shared board between other staff members where we can pin ideas, themes, and concepts for future events. I also have my own personal wedding planning board! Both of these will be helpful to me in my career of event planning. Follow me and check out my boards! 

****I even have a board dedicated to this class, called ORCO 4000: Social Media. It has a lot of REALLY interesting things including infographics, social media blogs, tips for different platforms, etc. If you don't check out any of the other boards, for sure look at this one!

In my area of business, wedding planning, Pinterest is a commonly-used tool by all sorts of people and businesses in the industry! Planners, vendors, venues, bridal fairs, bridal blogs and magazines, caterers, photographers, etc. all have accounts for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, it's free publicity! When a bride-to-be starts her "Wedding Board", they want her to be drawn to their board and pin from their selection! This creates new client opportunities, and helps to get the word out there about their company. Since putting an event together requires a lot of collaboration among all sides of the industry, Pinterest is a great tool to find out about other vendors in your area, see examples of work that they've done, and get ideas from them as well!

I'm in charge of membership for the Nashville Wedding Planners Group, and on our huge membership list we actually have a column for each members' Pinterest account so that we can be sure to follow them, repin from their boards, and comment/like their pins! It is a highly effective and useful tool for the event planning industry.

3 Professionals that I'm following:
Tiffani Helms, Owner of Creative Events and Designs
Jennifer Hamilton, Owner of Mr. and Mrs. Events
Houston Station (A Nashville Event Venue that I'm currently working with) 

No comments:

Post a Comment