Friday, April 27, 2012

Final Reflection

As part of my reflection, let's review the list of goals that I posted at the beginning of this assignment:

Goals that I have for this course include:

1) Creating a complete Social Media Profile/Resume that includes links to all pertinent websites for employers to see examples of my competence in these areas. I plan on updating it consistently throughout the semester, and even after graduation, to make sure it is up to date and a positive representation of my skills related to social media.

2) Besides this one for class, I would like to establish both a personal and professional blog. I believe that by the end of this blog assignment I will have had the chance to practice blog entries, try different styles of writing, experiment with importing images and HTML coding, and learn more about analyzing the data of my blogs as far as visitor numbers, references, hits, etc.

3) While this is a smaller goal, I am interested in updating my LinkedIn account to include more accurate and current information, connect with others on there, and establish links/references to be able to use during my job hunt.
I'm pleased to say that while I may not have completely finished these goals, I've made a lot of progress and am well on my way to completing them. I've updated my Social Media Profile/Resume and feel comfortable and confident posting links to my social media pages for friends, family, and future employers to see. As far as the second goal, I'm not sure it was necessarily a realistic goal for the timeline of this course, but I did gain a lot of valuable experience with this blog and have been updating my personal blog much more frequently thanks to this class. With this experience, I now feel prepared to manage and update a daily professional blog as soon as I'm at a point in my career where this is feasible. Finally, I just recently updated my LinkedIn profile and spent a lot of time researching, rewording and finalizing my bio, and I've now started the process of connecting with others on there to establish references and a stronger network.

I will continue to use and develop my social media communication skills after this class by being more consistent in my tweeting/updating efforts, establishing and maintaining relationships online that will be beneficial to me in my future career hunt, gaining more experience by blogging and trying to incorporate new trends and ideas. I believe that building a personal brand online is a constant process because it represents me, and I'm constantly changing. So I'll continue to update, evaluate, and change my personal brand so that it accurately reflects me and what I'm looking for/who I am.

Check out my updated social media resume here!

No comments:

Post a Comment