Friday, April 27, 2012

LinkedIn Account

Check out my LinkedIn Account Here!

Profile Bio:


Before you ask…yes, I’m named after the car. However, my name is not the only unique thing about me!
As an almost-graduate from Middle Tennessee State University, I’m focused on my future and determined to land the job of my dreams as an event-planner! I’m passionate about fashion, politics, weddings, wine, and traveling (not necessarily in the order), and I’m currently obsessed with creating a Pinterest-perfect life. My passion for planning shines through the most when I am in my element coordinating an event or wedding. While I’m a coordinator by profession, I’m a planner by nature and aptitude. How, you ask? Well, I blame it partially on my perfectionist tendencies and extreme desire for order, details, and deadlines, but creating a vision, setting goals and analyzing progress comes naturally to me. I take organization to a whole new level; some may say I’m obsessive when it comes to planning- and in their defense, I’d have to agree.   
With my degree in Organizational Communication, along with more than 8 years of combined experience, I am an aspiring professional in the planning industry. My experience has ranged from conferences, meetings, fundraisers, non-profit events, and parties, with my main focus on weddings. Although I’m blessed with the natural creativity, talent, and ability to multitask that is required of a planner, I recognize the importance of formal training, which is why my degree concentration in event planning has given me yet another competitive advantage.
Having lucked out with an internship at The Nashville Wedding Planners Group and working under an amazing visionary, to hosting inaugural events on small, local scales and larger, region-wide levels, I’ve always gravitated towards providing not only successful events, but memorable experiences for everyone involved. As Director of Operations for this elite group of planners in Nashville, I gained direct experience in all aspects of planning as I developed and executed a social media strategy, handled all membership responsibilities from creating the membership agreement to recruiting members, managed all day-to-day operations, and planned monthly events at Nashville’s most unique venues.  I led the staffing and training of other employees, and managed vendor contracts, event timelines, advanced planning as well as day-of coordination, and event design and customization.
What continues to make all of my events so successful is the combination of my excellent interpersonal skills, organizational ability, resourcefulness, and creative edge. I find it easy to generate fresh and new ideas for each event because my past events serve as both a source of inspiration and a challenge, which inspires me to new creative heights.  I constantly seek inspiration from the industry’s most up-to-date blogs, magazines, TV shows, and leading industry professionals. I am driven by the inspiration and visions of my clients because there is no better feeling than that of making someone’s dreams come to fruition.
I am currently interested in finding a job that will allow me to relocate to the Dallas area. With my vast experience in this field and my under-promise/over-deliver approach to planning, I’m confident that I am the right person to plan your meetings, social functions, conferences, fundraisers, or weddings. I enjoy networking with professionals from any industry and encourage you to contact me any time!


Two "Tips" Resources for Beginners:
1.LinkedIn for Students
2. The Beginner's Guide to LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment